Prior to your appointment
- Do not attend your appointment if you have a cough, shortness of breath, fever or loss of smell or taste. Please contact us at the earliest opportunity if you are experiencing symptoms in order to rearrange your appointment.
- If a member of your household or recent contact has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or are experiencing the above symptoms, please self isolate for 10 days and contact us in order to rearrange your appointment.
- If you have recently travelled to an area deemed to be high-risk of Covid-19, please note you will have to self-isolate for 10 days and and contact us in order to rearrange your appointment if it falls within this period.
What to expect at your appointment
- Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- To maintain patient safety, we ask that you come to your appointments alone, except for antenatal consultations, where one partner is welcome. No babies or children are allowed in the building.
- All patients and staff are required to wear a face mask or face covering whilst on hospital premises. The Portland Hospital will provide you with a face mask on arrival, should you not have your own.
- Upon arrival at the hospital patients might need to complete the Covid-19 patient screening and triage questionnaire depending on the hospital you are visiting.
- The security guard or a member of staff might undertake a temperature check on you (depending on the hospital you are visiting). If your temperature is higher than 37.5 you will not be attending your appointment.
- Please be reassured we have laid out our patient waiting area to allow for social distancing. Surfaces are cleaned and sanitised on a regular basis.
Click the corresponding link for more information about the full Covid Protocol in place at the establishment you will visit soon :